User Correlation Discovery and Dynamical Profiling Based on Social Streams
In this study, we try to discover the potential and dynamical user correlations using those reorganized social streams in accordance with users’ current interests and needs, in order to assist the information seeking process. We develop a mechanism to build a Dynamical Socialized User Networking (DSUN) model, and define a set of measures (such as interest degree, and popularity degree) and concepts (such as complementary tie, weak tie, and strong tie), which can discover and represent users’ current profiling and dynamical correlations. The corresponding algorithms are developed respectively. Based on these, we finally discuss an application scenario of the DSUN model with experiment results.
KeywordsSocial Stream Stream Metaphor User Profiling Information Seeking SNS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Carpineto, C., Osiński, S., Romano, G., Weiss, D.: A Survey of Web Clustering Engines. ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 41(3) (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, H., Zhou, X.K., Man, H.F., Wu, Y., Ahmed, A.U., Jin, Q.: A Framework of Organic Streams: Integrating Dynamically Diversified Contents into Ubiquitous Personal Study. In: 2nd International Symposium on Multidisciplinary Emerging Networks and Systems. Xi’an (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou, X.K., Chen, H., Jin, Q., Yong, J.M.: Generating Associative Ripples of Relevant Information from a Variety of Data Streams by Throwing a Heuristic Stone. In: ACM ICUIMC 2011 (5th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication), Seoul, Korea (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Signorini, A., Segre, A.M., Polgreen, P.M.: The Use of Twitter to Track Levels of Disease Activity and Public Concern in the US during the Influenza A H1N1 Pandemic. PLOS ONE 6(5) (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Poblete, B., Baeza-Yates, R.: Query-Sets: Using Implicit Feedback and Query Patterns to Organize Web Documents. In: Proc. WWW 2008, Beijing, pp. 41–48 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Bilenko, M., White, R.W.: Mining the Search Trails of Surfing Crowds: Identifying Relevant Websites From User Activity. In: Proc. WWW 2008, Beijing, pp. 51–60 (2008)Google Scholar