Free Vibration Analysis of Structronics Shell
- 3.2k Downloads
An exact analysis for magneto-thermo-electro-elastic structronics shell is presented in this paper. The model was derived based on the first-order shear deformation shell theory involving Codazzi-Gauss geometrical discretion. The fundamental equation and its boundary conditions were derived using variational energy method. The generic forced-solution procedure for the response was derived, and its frequency parameters were evaluated in the simply supported boundary condition. Then, solution is obtained to evaluate the influence of magnetic and electric parameters on the structure frequencies. Whereas, result have shown a close agreement with alternative models that reported in literature. The present results may serve as a reference in developing of various sensors/actuators that formed from magneto-electro-elastic materials. Accordingly, the present results could improve the benchmark solutions for judging the existence of imprecise theories and other numerical approaches.
KeywordsMagneto-thermo-electro-elastic control Nerves structure Adaptive sensors/actuators Piezo-laminated shell Structural health monitoring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Badri, T.M., Al-Kayiem, H.H.: Reducing The Magneto-Electro-Elastic Effective Properties For 2-D Analysis. In: Colloquium On Humanities, Science And Engineering Research (CHUSER 2011). IEEE, Malaysia (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Badri, T.M., Al-Kayiem, H.H.: Analysis Of Electro/Mgneto-Mechanical Coupling Factor: In Laminated Composite Plate Construct From Rotated Y-Cut Crystals. In: National Postgraduate Conferencec (NPC). IEEE, Malaysia (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Badri, T.M., Al-Kayiem, H.H.: Free Vibration Analysis Of Piezo-Laminated Shell Structures. In: The World Engineering, Science And Technology Congress (ESTCON 2012), Malaysia (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Badri, T.M., Al-Kayiem, H.H.: A Static Analysis Of Piezo-Laminated Shell Structures. In: The World Engineering, Science And Technology Congress (ESTCON 2012), Malaysia (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Nellya, N.R.: The Theory Of Piezoelectric Shells And Plates. CRC Press, Moscow (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Reddy, J.N.: Energy And Variational Method. In: Applied Mechanics. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.Bao, Y.: Static And Dynamic Analysis Of Piezothermoelastic Laminated Shell Composites With Distributed Sensors And Actuators. In: Mechanical Engineering. University of Kentucky, Lexington (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Qatu, M.S.: Vibration Of Laminated Shells And Plates. Elsevier, London (2004)Google Scholar