The Performance and Sensitivity of the Parameters Setting on the Best-so-far ABC
Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) is a metaheuristic technique in which a colony of artificial bees cooperates in finding good solutions in optimal search space. The algorithm is one of the Swarm Intelligence algorithms explored in recent literature. However, ABC can sometimes be a slow technique to converge. In order to improve its performance the modified version of ABC called Best-so-far ABC were proposed. The results demonstrated that the Bestso- far ABC can produce higher quality solutions with faster convergence than either the original ABC or the current state-of-the-art ABC-based algorithm. In this work, we aim to extend the performance analysis of the Best-so-far ABC algorithm by investigating the effect of each proposed modification to the overall performance as well as to present the sensitivity of the parameters setting on the algorithm.
KeywordsBest-so-far Artificial Bee Colony (Best-so-far ABC) Swarm Intelligence Numerical Optimization Sensitivity of the Parameters Setting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abbass, H.A.: Marriage in honey-bee optimization (MBO): a haplometrosis polygynous swarming approach. In: The Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2001), pp. 207–214 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Pham, D.T., Ghanbarzadeh, A., Koc, E., Otri, S., Rahim, S., Zaidi, M.: The Bees Algorithm, a Novel Tool for Complex Optimisation Problems. In: Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems (IPROMS 2006), pp. 454–459. Elsevier, Oxford (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Teodorovíc, D., Dell’Orco, M.: Bee colony optimization - a cooperative learning approach to complex transportation problems. In: Proceedings of the 10th Meeting of the EURO Working Group on Transportation, pp. 51–60 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Sundareswaran, K., Sreedevi, V.T.: Development of Novel Optimization Procedure Based on Honey Bee Foraging Behavior. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 1220–1225 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Karaboga, D.: An Idea Based on Honey Bee Swarm for Numerical Optimization. Technical Report-TR06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, Turkey (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Karaboga, D., Gorkemli, B., Ozturk, C., Karaboga, N.: A comprehensive survey: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm and applications. Artificial Intelligence Review, doi: 10.1007/s10462-012-9328-0Google Scholar