Comparison of Allocation Algorithms in Mesh Oriented Structures for Different Scheduling Techniques
The paper concerns task allocation problem in mesh structured system. The dynamic case is considered. Four allocation algorithms have been evaluated. The research was focused on the impact of task scheduling technique co-operated with allocation algorithms. Two queuing schemes were compared: well-known First Come First Served and newly created, by the authors of this paper, heuristic scheduling technique called First Few Random. The comparison of efficiencies of different allocation algorithms combined with different queuing schemes has been done on the basis of simulation experiments made with a designed experimentation system. The discussion of the obtained results confirms that the proposed approach and created queuing scheme seem to be promising.
KeywordsMesh structure task allocation algorithm scheduling experimentation system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/ (accessed June 20, 2011)
- 3.Byung, S., Das, C.R.: A Fast and Efficient Processor Allocation Scheme for Mesh-Connected Multicomputers. IEEE Trans. on Computers 1, 46–59 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Bani-Mohammad, S., Ababneh, I., Hamdan, M.: Comparative Performance Evaluation of Non-Contiguous Allocation Algorithms in 2D Mesh-Connected Multicomputers. In: CIT, pp. 2933–2939 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Parallel Machines and Topologies, https://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/ (accessed June 29, 2011)
- 8.Gupta, V., Jayendran, A.: A Flexible Processor Allocation Strategy for Mesh Connected Parallel Systems. In: Proceedings to Parallel Processing Conference, pp. 166–193 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Seo, K.-H.: Fragmentation-Efficient Node Allocation Algorithm in 2D Mesh-Connected Systems. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Parallel Architecture, Algorithms and Networks, ISPAN 2005, pp. 318–323. IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington, DC (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Koszalka, L., Lisowski, D., Pozniak-Koszalka, I.: Comparison of Allocation Algorithms for Mesh Structured Networks with Using Multistage Simulation. In: Gavrilova, M.L., Gervasi, O., Kumar, V., Kenneth Tan, C.J., Taniar, D., Laganá, A., Mun, Y., Choo, H. (eds.) ICCSA 2006. LNCS, vol. 3984, pp. 58–67. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar