An Efficient Reasoning Method for Dependencies over Similarity and Ordinal Data
We present a new axiomatization of logic for dependencies in data with grades, including ordinal data and data in an extension of Codd’s model that takes into account similarity relations on domains. The axiomatization makes possible an efficient method for automated reasoning for such dependencies that is presented in the paper. The presented method of automatic reasoning is based on a new simplification equivalence which allows to simplify sets of dependencies while retaining their semantic closures. We include two algorithms for computing closures and checking semantic entailment from sets of dependencies and present experimental comparison showing that the algorithms based on the new axiomatization outperform the algorithms proposed in the past.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Armstrong, W.: Dependency structures of data base relationships. In: IFIP Congress, pp. 580–583 (1974)Google Scholar
- 4.Belohlavek, R., Vychodil, V.: Axiomatizations of fuzzy attribute logic. In: IICAI 2005, pp. 2178–2193 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Belohlavek, R., Vychodil, V.: Properties of models of fuzzy attribute implications. In: SCIS & ISIS 2006, pp. 291–296 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Belohlavek, R., Vychodil, V.: Query systems in similarity-based databases: logical foundations, expressive power, and completeness. In: ACM SAC, pp. 1648–1655 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Gottwald, S.: A Treatise on Many-Valued Logics. Studies in Logic and Computation, vol. 98. Research Studies Press, Baldock (2000)Google Scholar
- 19.Maier, D.: The theory of relational databases. Computer software engineering series. Computer Science Press (1983)Google Scholar
- 20.Mora, A., Aguilera, G., Enciso, M., Cordero, P., Perez de Guzman, I.: A new closure algorithm based in logic: SLFD-Closure versus classical closures. Inteligencia Artificial, Revista Iberoamericana de IA 10(31), 31–40 (2006)Google Scholar