Secure Distributed Storage for Bulk Data
Distributed types of data storage techniques are important especially for the cases where data centers are compromised by big natural disasters or malicious users, or where data centers consist of nodes with low security and reliability. Techniques using secured distribution and Reed-Solomon coding have been proposed to cope with the above issue, but they are not efficient enough for dealing with big data in cloud computing in terms of return-on-investment. This paper proposes a secure distributed storage system architecture. It maintains high security level by using packaging techniques that need not require key management inherent in AES encryption. Moreover, it scales out so that it is capable of storing a large amount of data safely and securely. The performance of the architecture is also dealt with in terms of storage efficiency and security evaluation.
Keywordsdistributed storage cloud computing secret sharing network coding erasure codes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Secure Hash Standard. National Institute of Standards and Technology, Washington, federal Information Processing Standard 180-2Google Scholar
- 3.Chang, F., Dean, J., Ghemawat, S., Hsieh, W.C., Wallach, D.A., Burrows, M., Chandra, T., Fikes, A., Gruber, R.E.: Bigtable: A distributed storage system for structured data. In: Proceedings of The 7th Conference on Usenix Symposium on Operating Systems Design And Implementation, vol. 7, pp. 205–218 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Gallager, R.G.: Low-Density Parity-Check Codes (1963)Google Scholar
- 7.Krawczyk, H.: Secret Sharing Made Short. In: Stinson, D.R. (ed.) CRYPTO 1993. LNCS, vol. 773, pp. 136–146. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Luby, M.: LT codes. In: Proceedings of the 43rd Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, FOCS 2002, pp. 271–280 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.MacWilliams, F.J., Sloane, N.J.A.: The Theory of Error-Correcting Code. North-Holland (1977)Google Scholar
- 11.MacWilliams, F., Sloane, N.: The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, 2nd edn. North-holland Publishing Company (1978)Google Scholar
- 15.Resch, J.K., Plank, J.S.: AONT-RS: Blending security and performance in dispersed storage systems. In: 9th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies, FAST 2011, pp. 191–202 (2011)Google Scholar