The Europeana Newspapers – A Gateway to European Newspapers Online
The paper introduces the Europeana Newspapers project, funded by the European Commission. It describes its potential social impact on examples of stakeholders groups and the way of the project coordination, together with description of project activities. It also provides an overview of technologies used within the project. The paper also briefly gives an idea on the future outlook and activities of the project.
KeywordsEuropeana newspapers digitisation The European Library OCR OLR NER dissemination EU projects ICT-PSP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Europeana Newspapers project, http://www.europeana-newspapers.eu
- 2.The European Library, http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org
- 3.Europeana, http://www.europeana.eu
- 5.Dalton, M., Charnigo, L.: Historians and their use of information sources. In: College & Research Libraries, vol. 65(5), pp. 400–425. The Association of College & Research Libraries, Chicago (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Allen, R.B., Sieczkiewicz, R.: How Historians use Historical Newspapers. In: American Society for Information Science and Technology Annual Meeting, Pittsburg, PA, October 22-27 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Herbert, J., Estlund, K.: Creating Citizens Historians. In: Western Historical Quarterly, Autumn, vol. 39(3), pp. 333–341. Western History Association, Utah State University (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Anderson, N.: IMPACT Briefing Paper OCR (2010), http://www.impact-project.eu/uploads/media/IMPACT-ocr-bp-pilot-1b.pdf