Combining Theorem Proving and Symbolic Trajectory Evaluation in THM&STE
In this paper, we present a tool THM&STE, which combines theorem proving with symbolic trajectory evaluation. With the help of theorem proving, a large property is decomposed into smaller properties, which can be handled directly by running STE. Besides the support of decomposition by the classical STE laws, some novel techniques such as simplification on the assertions based on causal dependency between nodes, symmetry reduction, tacticals are provided in THM&STE.
KeywordsTheorem Prove Symmetry Reduction Causal Dependency Proof Script Memory Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aagaard, M.D., Jones, R.B., Seger, C.J.H.: Combining theorem proving and trajectory evaluation in an industrial environment. In: Design Automation Conference, pp. 538–541. ACM, San Francisco (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Hunt Jr., W.A., Swords, S., Davis, J., Slobodova, A.: Use of Formal Verification at Centaur Technology. In: Hardin, D.S. (ed.) Design and Verification of Microprocessor Systems for High Assurance Applications, pp. 65–88. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Intel Corporation: Forte/fl user guide, 2003 edn. (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y.: Formalization of symbolic trajectory semantics (2009), http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~lyj238/steSymmetry.html
- 6.Li, Y., Zeng, N.: Enhanced symbolic simulation of a round-robin arbiter (2011), http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~lyj238/roundRobin.html
- 7.Li, Y., Zeng, N.: Symmetry reduction in enhanced symbolic simulation (2011), http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~lyj238/gsteSymmetry.html
- 8.Li, Y.: Case study of cam (2011), http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~lyj238/papers/cam.fl
- 9.O’Leary, J., Zhao, X., Gerth, R., Seger, C.J.H.: Formally verifying IEEE compliance of floating-point hardware. Intel Technology Journal Q1, 147–190 (1999)Google Scholar