Development of Cellular Automata for Simulation of the Crossroads Model with a Traffic Detection System
Cellular automata are considered by some researchers as one of the computer science areas, which is an artificial intelligence. Even though their history goes back to the forties of the last century, much attention is still paid to the use of cellular automata in the process of testing and simulation of different phenomena. The universality of cellular automata led to their application in many areas such as: physics and traffic modeling. The authors present the achievements in the traffic modeling field and formulate a new traffic model. This new model helps to simulate the traffic at the crossroads of two-lane and two-way roads. In addition, the authors present some aspects of the prepared system, which enables to model any area (intersections and roads) and to carry out the traffic simulations in a microscopic scale.
Keywordscellular automata crossroads model simulation traffic detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kułakowski, K.: The cellular automatas, AGH-UST (2000) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 5.Wolfram, S.: A New Kind of Science. Wolfram Media (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.http://www.traffic-simulation.de/ (date of access: January 05, 2010)
- 7.http://student.agh.edu.pl/~kdzwinel/Projects/TrafficSim/index_pl.html#authors (date of access: November 25, 2009)
- 8.http://www.ioz.pwr.wroc.pl/pracownicy/weron/prace/Bartodziej07.pdf (date of access: October 11, 2009)
- 9.The Road Trafic Law, Act introduced on the 20th of June 1997, consolidated text of act. Journal of Law, No 108, Pos. 908 (in Polish)Google Scholar