Data Flows in an Integrated Urban Freight Transport Telematic System
The fast growth of cities as well as the increasing complexity of processes taking place within them forces changes in planning and managing them. One of the key factors necessary for controlling the increasing disorder in the area of urban freight transport and conditioning its sustainable growth is ensuring effective data flows between individual parties engaged, to a smaller or greater extent, in its functioning. This paper is focused on assumptions and analysis of data sources for integrated UFT management systems supported by telematics systems.
Keywordsurban freight transport city logistics data flows integration of management systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Allen, J., Thorne, G., Browne, M.: BESTUFS Good Practice Guide on Urban Freight Transport (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Button, K., Stough, R., Bragg, M., Taylor, S.: Telecommunications, Transportation and Location. Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd. (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Definition of suitable set of actions/measures for an efficient and energy saving organization of goods transport and delivery in urban areas. C-LIEGE Project Report (2012) Google Scholar
- 4.Ehmke, J.F.: Integration of Information and Optimization Models for Routing in City Logistics (International Series in Operations Research & Management Science). Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.National ITS Architecture, http://www.iteris.com/itsarch/ (date of access: June 19, 2012)
- 6.Figliozzi, M.A.: The impact of congestion on commercials vehicle tour characteristics and costs. Transportation Research Part E (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Taniguchi, E., Russell, G.T., Yamada, T., van Duin, R.: City Logistics. Modelling and Intelligent Transport Systems. Pergamon (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Taniguchi, E., Thompson, R.G.: Data collection for modeling and benchmarking city logistics schemes. In: Recent Advances in City Logistics: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on City Logistics, pp. 1–14. Elsevier (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Tseng, Y.-Y., Lin, H.-E., Taylor, M.A.P.: Provision of Real Time traffic information for VRPTW Model. In: Taniguchi, E., Thompson, R.G. (eds.) Innovations in City Logistics, pp. 171–184. Nova Science Publisher, Inc. (2008)Google Scholar