Processes and Data Integration in the Networked Healthcare
In the past decade, state-of-the-art Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has gained a strong standing in all aspects of healthcare provision and management. As already discussed in the ISoLA-Med workshop in Potsdam in June 2009 , a set of innovative research topics related to the future of healthcare systems hinge on the notion of simplicity as a driving paradigm in ICT development, maintenance and use. We believe that the philosophy of consistently applied simplicity is strategically important to make advanced healthcare provision accessible ad keep it affordable to patients and to society, yet the discipline of simplicity is still poorly understood and rarely systematically applied.
KeywordsLife Cycle Cost Healthcare Provision Network Healthcare Strong Standing Ambient Assist
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISoLA-Med 2009: 1st International isola Symposium on Structural Changes and Market Dynamics in the Healthcare Sector, Potsdam, Germany (June 2009), http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/isola-med-2009/?id=home
- 2.Doedt, M., Göke, T., Pardo, J., Steffen, B.: Reha-Sports: The Challenge of Small Margin Healthcare Accounting. In: Margaria, T., Steffen, B. (eds.) ISoLA 2012, Part II. LNCS, vol. 7610, pp. 75–77. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Hogan, B.: Leading an ed using industrial lean management and intelligent management technology to speed up emergency department procederes, http://www.ecare.be/images/stories/downloads/DrHogan_leading_an_ED.pdf
- 4.Holubek, A., Metzger, C.: Considerations for Healthcare Applications in a Platform as a Service Environment. In: Margaria, T., Steffen, B. (eds.) ISoLA 2012, Part II. LNCS, vol. 7610, pp. 73–74. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Margaria, T., Boßelmann, S., Kujath, B.: Simple Modeling of Executable Role-Based Workflows: An Application in the Healthcare Domain. In: Margaria, T., Steffen, B. (eds.) ISoLA 2012, Part II. LNCS, vol. 7610, pp. 70–72. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Project. Itsy - it simply works! http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/sse/ITSy/
- 7.Project. Theseus, new technologies for the internet of services. funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, http://theseus-programm.de/en/about.php