Towards the Verification of Adaptable Processes
In prior work, with the aim of formally modeling and analyzing the behavior of concurrent processes with forms of dynamic evolution, we have proposed a process calculus of adaptable processes. Our proposal addressed the (un)decidability of two safety properties related to error occurrence. In order to allow for a more comprehensive verification framework for adaptable processes, the ability to express general properties is most desirable. In this paper we address this important issue: we explain how the proof techniques for (un)decidability results for adaptable processes generalize to a simple yet expressive temporal logic over adaptable processes. We provide examples of the expressiveness of the logic and its significance in relation with the calculus of adaptable processes.
KeywordsCloud Computing Adaptable Process Decidability Result Safety Property Label Transition System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Amazon Web Services. Autoscaling (2011), http://aws.amazon.com/autoscaling/
- 4.Bravetti, M., Di Giusto, C., Pérez, J.A., Zavattaro, G.: Adaptable processes. Technical report, University of Bologna (2011), http://www.cs.unibo.it/~perez/ap/
- 6.Bundgaard, M., Godskesen, J.C., Hildebrandt, T.: Bisimulation congruences for homer — a calculus of higher order mobile embedded resources. Technical Report TR-2004-52, IT University of Copenhagen (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Milner, R.: Comunication and Concurrency. Prentice Hall (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.Sangiorgi, D.: Expressing Mobility in Process Algebras: First-Order and Higher-Order Paradigms. PhD thesis CST–99–93, University of Edinburgh, Dept. of Comp. Sci. (1992)Google Scholar