eGovernment: Real Democracy in Digital Society
The term eGovernment encompasses a broad set of applications designed to resolve bureaucratic issues, that is, public services or public sector-related aspects. This document defines some terms related to eGovernment and its impact on the Civil Service. We will distinguish between applications according to the agents involved and on the services they provide. These applications will also be discussed more profusely in relation to worldwide implementation, presenting the different measurements of the available level of eGovernment as a sample of the public sector’s ability to provide technology services and mobility. Finally, we will highlight collateral benefits of eGovernment when combined with other emerging implementations and needs.
KeywordseGovernment eSignature eVoting eInclusion eID G2B G2C G2G encryption/data ciphering energy efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jeong, C.H.: Fundamental of Development Administration. Scholar Press, Selangor (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Carmichael, G.: eGovernment-Los retos principales. 4º Congreso de Economía de Navarra, http://www.navarra.es/NR/rdonlyres/A9E2F1DC-194F-42CE-A9F5-C8AF054D34AD/79681/carmichael.pdf
- 3.eGovernment: Alcance, éxitos y fracasos, http://www.forumtorino.org/download.php?fileID=464&lang=eng
- 4.West, D.M.: Improving Technology Utilization in Electronic Government around the World (2008), http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2008/0817_egovernment_west/0817_egovernment_west.pdf
- 5.WAVE: Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, http://wave.webaim.org
- 6.World e-government rankings (ch. 4). In: United Nations E-Government Survey (2010), http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/un-dpadm/unpan038848.pdf
- 7.Statistical annex A. In: United Nations E-Government Survey (2010), http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/un-dpadm/unpan038858.pdf
- 8.European Commission Directorate General for Information Society and Media. Smarter, Faster, Better eGovernment. 8th eGovernment Benchmark Measurement (November 2009), http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/eeurope/i2010/docs/benchmarking/egov_benchmark_2009.pdf
- 9.Directive 1999/93/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 13, 1999 on a Community framework for electronic signatures, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31999L0093:EN:NOT
- 10.Report from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council - Report on the operation of Directive 1999/93/EC on a Community framework for electronic signatures, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:52006DC0120:en:NOT
- 11.European eParticipation-Summary Report (November 2009), http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/egovernment/docs/reports/eu_eparticipation_summary_nov_09.pdf
- 12.de Castro, C., Ramírez, J.M.: U-Cordoba: A Cultural and Ambient Assisted Living U-City Approach. In: Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Communicability, Computer Graphics & Innovative Design for Interactive Systems (CCGIDIS 2011), Córdoba, pp. 137–139 (2011)Google Scholar