SmartMonitor: An Approach to Simple, Intelligent and Affordable Visual Surveillance System
The paper provides fundamental information about the SmartMonitor – an innovative surveillance system based on video content analysis. We present a short introduction to the characteristics of the developed system and a brief review of methods commonly applied in surveillance systems nowadays. The main goal of the paper is to describe planned basic system parameters as well as to explain the reason for creating it. SmartMonitor is being currently developed but some experiments have already been performed and their results are provided as well.
KeywordsGaussian Mixture Model Foreground Region Foreground Image Foreground Mask Suspicious Behaviour
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Frejlichowski, D.: Automatic localisation of moving vehicles in image sequences using morphological opertions. In: Pro. of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Information Technology, Gdansk 2008, pp. 439–442 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Stauffer, C., Grimson, W.E.L.: Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking. In: Proc. of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2–252 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Zivkovic, Z.: Improved adaptive Gaussian mixture model for background subtraction. In: Proc. of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 28–31 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Kaewtrakulpong, P., Bowden, R.: An improved adaptive background mixture model for realtime tracking with shadow detection. In: Video Based Surveillance Systems: Computer Vision and Distributed Processing. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Javed, O., Shafique, K., Shah, M.: A hierarchical approach to robust background subtraction using color and gradient information. In: Proc. of the Workshop on Motion and Video Computing, pp. 22–27 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.CAVIAR, Context aware vision using image-based active recognition, http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/CAVIAR
- 11.IEEE International Workshop on Performance Evaluation of Tracking and Surveillance (PETS), http://www.cvg.rdg.ac.uk/PETS2010/index.html
- 12.CLEAR, Classification of events, activities and relationships evaluation campaign and workshop, http://www.clear-evaluation.org