A New Method of Stereo Localization Using Dual-PTZ-Cameras
To improve the localization accuracy and robustness of the moving 3D-target under the nature scenes, we propose a new target localization method through combining MSER (Maximally Stable Extremal Region) detector with SIFT (Scale Invariant Feature Transform) descriptor into the dual-PTZ-cameras stereo vision system. Firstly, stereo vision rectification is performed on the right-and-left images captured from the dual-PTZ-cameras with different focal lengths using designed Look-up-table(LUT )and BP neural network. Secondly, more high quality affine invariant features are extracted from the rectified images to perform initial matching using affine invariant feature detector and descriptor. Thirdly, erroneous correspondences is detected by RANSAC. Then, robust features matching under the multi-view-point and multi-focal-length is achieved. The localization experimental results of the moving 3-D target in a complex environment show that the proposed method has good localization accuracy and robustness.
KeywordsPTZ cameras stereo vision correction MSER detector SIFT descriptors 3D target localization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Samir, B.V.R., Na, S.I., Kalia, R.: Image Matching with SIFT descriptor on Affine Normalized MSERs. In: 17th Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on Frontiers of Computer Vision, pp. 1–4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, G.Y., Zhang, W.G.: An Effective Robust Rectified Method for Stereo Vision. Journal of Image Graphic 11(2), 203–209 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Kumar, S., Micheloni, C., Piciarelli, C., Foresti, G.L.: Stereo Localization based on Network’s Uncalibrated Camera Pairs. In: 6th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 502–507 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Forssen, P., Lowe, D.: Shape Descriptors for Maximally Stable Extremal Regions. In: 11th International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 59–73 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou, W.H., Du, X., Ye, X.Q.: Binocular Stereo Vision System Based on FPGA. Journal of Image Graphic 10(9), 1166–1170 (2005)Google Scholar