Compressed Sensing Dynamic Reconstruction in Rotational Angiography
This work tackles three-dimensional reconstruction of tomographic acquisitions in C-arm-based rotational angiography. The relatively slow rotation speed of C-arm systems involves motion artifacts that limit the use of three-dimensional imaging in interventional procedures. The main contribution of this paper is a reconstruction algorithm that deals with the temporal variations due to intra-arterial injections. Based on a compressed-sensing approach, we propose a multiple phase reconstruction with spatio-temporal constraints. The algorithm was evaluated by qualitative and quantitative assessment of image quality on both numerical phantom experiments and clinical data from vascular C-arm systems. In this latter case, motion artifacts reduction was obtained in spite of the cone-beam geometry, the short-scan acquisition, and the truncated and subsampled data.
KeywordsCompress Sense Temporal Constraint Static Reconstruction Rotational Angiography Prior Image
- 4.Combettes, P.L., Pesquet, J.C.: Proximal Splitting Methods in Signal Processing. In: Fixed-Point Algorithms for Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, ch. 10, vol. 49, pp. 185–212 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Jia, X., Lou, Y., Dong, B., Tian, Z., Jiang, S.: 4D Computed Tomography Reconstruction from Few-Projection Data via Temporal Non-local Regularization. In: Jiang, T., Navab, N., Pluim, J.P.W., Viergever, M.A. (eds.) MICCAI 2010, Part I. LNCS, vol. 6361, pp. 143–150. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Langet, H., Riddell, C., Trousset, Y., Tenenhaus, A., Lahalle, E., Fleury, G., Paragios, N.: Compressed Sensing Based 3D Tomographic Reconstruction for Rotational Angiography. In: Fichtinger, G., Martel, A., Peters, T. (eds.) MICCAI 2011, Part I. LNCS, vol. 6891, pp. 97–104. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Lustig, M.: Sparse MRI. Ph.D. thesis, Stanford University (September 2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Xiao, L., Zhang, T.: A Proximal-Gradient Homotopy Method for the Sparse Least-Squares Problem. CRR abs/1203.3002 (2012)Google Scholar