Revisiting Timed Specification Theories: A Linear-Time Perspective
We consider the setting of component-based design for real-time systems with critical timing constraints. Based on our earlier work, we propose a compositional specification theory for timed automata with I/O distinction, which supports substitutive refinement. Our theory provides the operations of parallel composition for composing components at run-time, logical conjunction/disjunction for independent development, and quotient for incremental synthesis. The key novelty of our timed theory lies in a weakest congruence preserving safety as well as bounded liveness properties. We show that the congruence can be characterised by two linear-time semantics, timed-traces and timed-strategies, the latter of which is derived from a game-based interpretation of timed interaction.
KeywordsTransition System Parallel Composition Game State Realisable Trace Asynchronous Circuit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.David, A., Larsen, K.G., Legay, A., Nyman, U., Wasowski, A.: Timed I/O automata: a complete specification theory for real-time systems. In: HSCC 2010, pp. 91–100. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kaynar, D.K., Lynch, N.A., Segala, R., Vaandrager, F.W.: Timed I/O Automata: A mathematical framework for modeling and analyzing real-time systems. In: RTSS (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Moore, S.W., Taylor, G.S., Cunningham, P.A., Mullins, R.D., Robinson, P.: Using stoppable clocks to safely interface asynchronous and synchronous subsystems. In: AINT (Asynchronous INTerfaces) Workshop, Delft, Netherlands (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Dill, D.L.: Trace theory for automatic hierarchical verification of speed-independent circuits. ACM distinguished dissertations. MIT Press (1989)Google Scholar
- 14.Verhoeff, T.: A Theory of Delay-Insensitive Systems. PhD thesis, Dept. of Math. and C.S., Eindhoven Univ. of Technology (1994)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhou, B., Yoneda, T., Myers, C.: Framework of timed trace theoretic verification revisited. IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems 85, 1595–1604 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Chilton, C., Kwiatkowska, M., Wang, X.: Revisiting timed specification theories: A linear-time perspective. Technical Report RR-12-04, Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.Thiele, L., Wandeler, E., Stoimenov, N.: Real-time interfaces for composing real-time systems. In: EMSOFT (2006)Google Scholar
- 19.Lee, I., Leung, J., Song, S.: Handbook of Real-Time and Embedded Systems. Chapman (2007)Google Scholar