User Needs for Enhanced Engagement with Cultural Heritage Collections
This paper presents research carried out in order to elicit user needs for the design and development of a digital library and research platform intended to enhance user engagement with cultural heritage collections. It outlines a range of user constituencies for this digital library. The paper outlines a taxonomy of intended users for this system and describes in detail the characteristics and requirements of these users for the facilitation and enhancement of their engagement with and use of textual and visual cultural artefacts.
KeywordsDigital Library User Requirement User Acceptance Cultural Artefact Research Platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Hong, W., Thong, J., Wong, W.M., Tam, K.T.: Determinants of user acceptance of digital libraries: An empirical examination of individual differences and system characteristics. Jour. of Management Information Systems 18, 97–124 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Kani-Zabihi, E., Ghinea, G., Chen, S.: Digital libraries: What do user want? Online Information Review, pp. 395–412 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Loizides, F., Buchanan, G.: What patrons want: supporting interaction for novice information seeking scholars. In: JCDL, pp. 427–428 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.McIntosh, S.J., Bainbridge, D.: An integrated interactive and persistent map-based digital library interface. In: ICADL, pp. 321–330 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Watson-Boone, R.: The information needs and habits of humanities scholars. RQ 34(2), 203–216 (1994)Google Scholar