Finding Edges by a Contrario Detection of Periodic Subsequences
A new method to detect salient pieces of boundaries in an image is presented. After detecting perceptually meaningful level lines, periodic binary sequences are built by labeling each point in close curves as salient or non-salient. We propose a general and automatic method to detect meaningful subsequences within these binary sequences. Experimental results show its good performance.
Keywordstopographic maps level lines periodic binary sequences edge detection Helmholtz principle
- 2.Cao, F., Lisani, J.L., Morel, J.M., Musé, P., Sur, F.: A Theory of Shape Identification. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1948. Springer (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Desolneux, A., Moisan, L., Morel, J.M.: From Gestalt Theory to Image Analysis, vol. 34. Springer (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Kanizsa, G.: Organization in Vision: Essays on Gestalt Perception. Praeger (1979)Google Scholar
- 7.Serra, J.: Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology. Academic Press (1983)Google Scholar
- 8.Tepper, M.: Detecting clusters and boundaries: a twofold study on shape representation. Ph.D. thesis, Universidad de Buenos Aires (March 2011)Google Scholar