Method for Identification of Suitable Persons in Collaborators’ Networks
Finding and recommendation of suitable persons based on their characteristics in social or collaboration networks is still a big challenge. The purpose of this paper is to discover and recommend suitable persons or whole community within a developers’ network. The experiments were realized on the data collection of specialized web portal used for collaboration of developers - Codeplex.com. Users registered on this portal can participate in multiple projects, discussions, adding and sharing source codes or documentations, issue a release, etc. In the paper we deal with strength extraction between the developers based on their association with selected terms. We have used the approach for extraction of initial metadata, and we have used modified Jaccard coefficient for description of the strength of relations between developers. Proposed method is usable for creation of derived collaborators’ subnetwork, where as input is used the set of words, which will describe the area or sphere, wherein we want to find or recommend suitable community and the words specify relation between the developers in the network. Obtained subnetwork describe a structure of developers’ collaboration on projects, described by selected term.
- 1.Chen, J., Geyer, W., Dugan, C., Muller, M., Guy, I.: Make new friends, but keep the old. In: Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI 2009, vol. (1), p. 201 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Deza, M.-M., Deza, E.: Dictionary of Distances. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Konchady, M.: Text Mining Application Programming, 1st edn. Charles River Media (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Minks, S., Martinovic, J., Drazdilova, P., Slaninova, K.: Author cooperation based on terms of article titles from dblp. In: IHCI 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Vojacek, L., Martinovic, J., Slaninova, K., Drazdilova, P., Dvorsky, J.: Combined method for effective clustering based on parallel som and spectral clustering. In: DATESO, pp. 120–131 (2011)Google Scholar