A Test Collection to Evaluate Plagiarism by Missing or Incorrect References
In recent years, several methods and tools been developed together with test collections to aid in plagiarism detection. However, both methods and collections have focused on content analysis, overlooking citation analysis. In this paper, we aim at filling this gap and present a test collection with cases of plagiarism by missing and incorrect references. The collection contains automatically generated academic papers in which passages from other documents have been inserted. Such passages were either: adequately referenced (i.e., not plagiarized), not referenced, or incorrectly referenced. Annotation files identifying each passage enable the evaluation of plagiarism detection systems.
KeywordsCitation Analysis Source Document Test Collection Bibliographic Reference Academic Paper
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brin, S., Davis, J., Garcia-Molina, H.: Copy detection mechanisms for digital documents. In: SIGMOD, pp. 398–409 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.PAN: Uncovering plagiarism, authorship, and social software misuse, http://pan.webis.de/ (accessed April 04, 2012)
- 3.CL!TR: Cross-language !ndian text reuse, http://users.dsic.upv.es/grupos/nle/fire-workshop-clitr.html (accessed June 21, 2012)
- 5.SCIgen: An automatic CS paper generator, http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/ (accessed April 04, 2012)
- 6.DBLP, http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/ (accessed April 04, 2012)