A Classification Framework for Similar Music Search
This paper has concentrated on how to retrieve a list of songs from music database similar to the specific one. Content-based retrieval of music is one of the most popular research subjects, which mostly focuses on querying the exactly one from database by humming a tune or submitting a recording of music. However, getting some songs similar to, but not exactly the given one could be also interested by people. In this paper, we propose a classification framework to solve this problem using string-based methods. Introducing string-based similarity measure, our framework has lower computational complexity and better effect. We also developed a new distributed clustering algorithm under MapReduce framework, which performed well for massive audio data. Experiments are performed and analyzed to show the efficiency and the effectiveness of our proposed framework.
KeywordsFeature Vector Feature Extraction Method Inverted Index Classification Framework Music Information Retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foote, J.T.: Content-Based Retrieval of Music and Audio. In: Kuo, C.-C.J., et al. (eds.) Proc. of SPIE Multimedia Storage and Archiving System II, vol. 3229, pp. 138–147 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, M., Wan, C.: A study of content-based retrieval of mp3 music objects. In: Proc. of the Int’l. Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management, Atlanta, Georgia, pp. 506–511. ACM (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, C.C., Hsu, J.L., Chen, A.L.P.: 1D-List: An Approximate String Matching Algorithm for Content-Based Music Data Retrieval (submitted for publication)Google Scholar
- 4.Ghias, A., Logan, J., Chamberlin, D., Smith, B.C.: Query by humming—musical information retrieval in an audio database. In: ACM Multimedia 1995, San Francisco, USA (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, A.L.P., Chang, M., Chen, J.: Query by Music Segments: An Efficient Approach for Song Retrieval. In: Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo. (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Tsai, W.-H., Wang, H.-M., Rodgers, D., Cheng, S.-S., Yu, H.-M.: Blind Clustering of Popular Music Recordings Based on Singer Voice Characteristics. In: Proc. of ISMIR 2003, pp. 167–173 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Frühwirth, M., Rauber, A.: Self-Organizing Maps for Content-Based Music Clustering. In: Proceedings of the Italian Workshop on Neural Nets (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang, D.-N., Lu, L., Zhang, H.-J., Tao, J.-H., Cai, L.-H.: Music type classification by spectral contrast feature. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Lausanne, Switzerland (August 2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Yuan, Y., Zhao, P., Zhou, Q.: Research of speaker recognition based on combination of LPCC and MFCC. In: IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICIS), October 29-31, vol. 3, pp. 765–767 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Ellis, D.: Classifying music audio with timbral and chroma features. In: International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR 2007), pp. 339–340 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Cano, P., Batle, E., Kalker, T., Haitsma, J.: A review of algorithms for audio fingerprinting. In: Processing 2002 IEEE Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, December 9-11, pp. 169–173 (2002)Google Scholar