Inconsistency-Tolerant Query Rewriting for Linear Datalog+/–
Inconsistency management in knowledge bases is an important problem that has been studied for a long time. During the recent years, additional interest in this topic has been sparked with the advent of the Semantic Web, which has made this problem even more relevant, since inconsistencies are very likely to occur in open environments such as the Web. Inconsistency-tolerant semantics to query answering have therefore become of special interest for representation and reasoning formalisms for the Semantic Web. Datalog+/– is a family of ontology languages that is in particular useful for representing and reasoning over lightweight ontologies in the Semantic Web. In this paper, we focus on inconsistency-tolerant query answering under the intersection semantics in linear Datalog+/–, a sublanguage of Datalog+/– that generalizes the DL-Lite family of tractable description logics (DLs). In particular, we show that query answering in linear Datalog+/– is first-order rewritable under this inconsistency-tolerant semantics, and therefore very efficiently computable in the data complexity.
KeywordsIntegrity Constraint Conjunctive Query Query Answer Query Answering Consistent Answer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arenas, M., Bertossi, L.E., Chomicki, J.: Consistent query answers in inconsistent databases. In: Proc. of PODS, pp. 68–79 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Calì, A., Gottlob, G., Kifer, M.: Taming the infinite chase: Query answering under expressive relational constraints. In: Proc. of KR, pp. 70–80 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Calì, A., Gottlob, G., Lukasiewicz, T.: A general Datalog-based framework for tractable query answering over ontologies. In: Proc. of PODS, pp. 77–86 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Calì, A., Gottlob, G., Lukasiewicz, T.: A general Datalog-based framework for tractable query answering over ontologies. Journal of Web Semantics (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Calì, A., Gottlob, G., Pieris, A.: Query rewriting under non-guarded rules. In: Proc. of AMW (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Chomicki, J.: Consistent query answering: Five easy pieces. In: Proc. of ICDT, pp. 1–17 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Deutsch, A., Nash, A., Remmel, J.B.: The chase revisited. In: Proc. of PODS, pp. 149–158 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Rosati, R.: On the complexity of dealing with inconsistency in description logic ontologies. In: Proc. of IJCAI, pp. 1057–1062 (2011)Google Scholar