Gravitational Search Algorithm Design of Posicast PID Control Systems
The gravitational search algorithm is proposed to design PID control structures. The controller design is performed considering the objectives of set-point tracking and disturbance rejection, minimizing the integral of the absolute error criterion. A two-degrees-of-freedom control configuration with a feed for-ward prefilter inserted outside the PID feedback loop is used to improve system performance for both design criteria. The prefilter used is a Posicast three-step shaper designed simultaneously with a PID controller. Simulation results are presented which show the merit of the proposed technique.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Disturbance Rejection Input Shaper Feedforward Controller Control Configuration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Araki, M., Taguchi, H.: Two-Degree-of-Freedom PID Controllers. International Journal of Control Automation, and Systems 1(4), 401–411 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Precup, R.E., David, R.C., Petriu, E.M., Preitl, S., Răda, M.C.: Gravitational Search Algorithms in Fuzzy Control Systems Tuning. Preprints of the 18th IFAC World Congress, pp. 13624–13629 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Khajehzadeh, M., Raihan Taha, M., El-Shafie, A., Eslami, M.: Search for critical failure surface in slope stability analysis by gravitational search algorithm. International Journal of the Physical Sciences 6(21), 5012–5021 (2011); Academic JournalsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Duman, S., Sonmez, Y., Guvenc, U., Yorukeren, N.: Application of Gravitational Search Algorithm for Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch Problem. In: IEEE Symposium Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA), pp. 519–523 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Tuttle, T.D.: Creatig Time-Optimal Commands for Linear Systems, PhD Thesis, MIT (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Moura Oliveira, P.B., Vrančić, D.: Underdamped Second-Order Systems Overshoot Control. Accepted for publication in the IFAC Conference on Advances in PID Control, PID 2012, Brecia (2012)Google Scholar