Smart Space Governing through Service Mashups
The rapid and constant evolution of Smart Spaces has introduced an increase in the complexity and quantity of its components, making the monitoring and management processes more challenging and complex. On the other hand, Service Mashups enable the design and development novel and modern Web applications based on easy-to-accomplish end-user service compositions.
We introduce the concept of Smart Space ”governing”: managing an Smart Space with a set of monitoring processes and specific actions performed by the system when some events or behaviors occur. Our approach to this concept allows the end-user to personalize those processes and actions by creating Service Mashups that can published into the platform’s marketplace in order to be reused.
KeywordsSmart Spaces Service Mashups Service Creation End-user driven Service Creation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Prehofer, C., van Gurp, J., di Flora, C.: Towards the web as a platform for ubiquitous applications in smart spaces. In: Second Workshop on Requirements and Solutions for Pervasive Software Infrastructures (RSPSI), at UBICOMB 2007, Innsbruck, September 16-19 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.4CaaSt European Project, http://4caast.morfeo-project.org/
- 4.Sousa, J., Schmerl, B., Poladian, V., Brodsky, A.: uDesign: End-User Design Applied to Monitoring and Control Applications for Smart Spaces. In: Seventh Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture, WICSA 2008, pp. 71–80 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Smirnov, A., Kashevnik, A., Shilov, N., Boldyrev, S., Oliver, I., Balandin, S.: Context-Aware SmartSpace: Reference Model. In: The 5th International Symposium on Web and Mobile Information Services (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.4CaaSt project’s Marketplace, http://4caast.morfeo-project.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/4CaaSt_Marketplace_Whitepaper_v1.0.pdf
- 8.Yu, T., Zhang, Y., Lin, K.J.: Efficient algorithms for web services selection with end-to-end qos constraints. ACM Trans. Web 1(1) (May 2007)Google Scholar