A Collaborative Expandable Framework for Software End-Users and Programmers
The quantity and complexity that end-users are increasingly demanding from their applications and devices makes it impractical for a software developer to “foresee” every possible combination and explore every valid alternative. One solution is to empower end-users with tools that allows them to explore their necessities in a collaborative framework, where novices and experts can co-exist and share. We believe that such a tool could not only reduce the number of “small”, specific-tailored applications, but also foster discovery and experimentation.
KeywordsComponent-based Programming End-user Programming Cooperative Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Scaffidi, C., Shaw, M., Myers, B.: Estimating the numbers of end users and end user programmers. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, pp. 207–214. IEEE Computer Society (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Ferreira, H.S.: Adaptive object-modeling: Patterns, tools and applications (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Ko, A.J., Abraham, R., Beckwith, L., Blackwell, A., Burnett, M., Erwig, M., Scaffidi, C., Lawrance, J., Lieberman, H., Myers, B., Rosson, M.B., Rothermel, G., Shaw, M., Wiedenbeck, S.: The state of the art in end-user software engineering. ACM Comput. Surv. 43, 21:1–21:44 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Ko, A.J., Myers, B.A., Aung, H.H.: Six learning barriers in end-user programming systems. In: Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human Centric Computing, pp. 199–206. IEEE Computer Society (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Zin, A.M.: Block-Based Approach for End-User Software Development. Asian Journal of Information Technology 10(6), 249–258 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.McKendrick, J.: More smartphones than pcs sold in 2011, http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/business-brains/milestone-more-smartphones-than-pcs-sold-in-2011/21828
- 8.Odersky, M., Spoon, L., Venners, B.: Programming in Scala. Aritma Inc. (2008)Google Scholar