Searching and Reviewing Scientific Literature
This chapter is on searching relevant literature, reviewing and ranking published books and journal articles, and extracting relevant information in the form of text, data, or graphs. In this context, the focus of our book is on Internet resources and literature in an electronic format such as the Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), rather than on printed journals and books in a library. Although some of you might have a printed version of this book in your hands, most people have probably taken advantage of Springer’s eBook Collection to read the digital version on a computer.
KeywordsJournal Citation Report East African Rift Portable Document Format Quaternary Science Review Equatorial Extension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bradley RS (1999) Paleoclimatology – Second Edition: Reconstructing Climates of the Quaternary. Academic Press, BurlingtonGoogle Scholar
- Hirsch JE (2005) An index to quantify an individual’s scientific research output. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 102:16569-16572Google Scholar
- Langenberg H (2010) Editorial – Number crunch. Nature Geoscience 3:445.Google Scholar
- Roberts N, Taieb M, Barker P, Damnati B, Icole M, Williamson D (1993) Timing of the Younger Dryas event in East Africa from lake-level changes. Nature 366:146–148Google Scholar
- Ruddiman WF (2000) Earth’s Climate – Past and Future. W.H. Freeman and Company, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Williamson D, Taieb M, Damnati B, Icole M, Th ouveny M (1993) Equatorial extension of the Younger Dryas Event - Rock Magnetic Evidence From Lake Magadi (Kenya). Global and Planetary Change 7:235–242Google Scholar