Agents Layer to Support Cloud Applications
The process of developing, deploying and executing cloud applications is greatly influenced by the specifics of the cloud providers regarding the cloud infrastructure and the cloud resources. Important challenges are related to agreeing with the cloud vendors about the application resources and the quality of the services. Migrating the application from one cloud provider to another cloud provider or even using multiple providers at once is also difficult to achieve. The present paper proposes an architectural solution for the above mentioned problems by considering the agency paradigm and a special set of agents called Vendor Agents abstracting the cloud provider differences.
KeywordsCloud Computing Service Level Agreement Cloud Provider Cloud Resource Cloud Infrastructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellifemine, F., Caire, G., Poggi, A., Rimassa, G.: Jade - a white paper, in exp in search of innovation. Special Issue on JADE TILAB Journal (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Cao, B.-Q., Li, B., Xia, Q.-M.: A Service-Oriented Qos-Assured and Multi-Agent Cloud Computing Architecture. In: Jaatun, M.G., Zhao, G., Rong, C. (eds.) Cloud Computing. LNCS, vol. 5931, pp. 644–649. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Kertesz, A., Kecskemeti, G., Brandic, I.: An sla-based resource virtualization approach for on-demand service provision. In: 3rd International Workshop on Virtualization Technologies in Distributed Computing (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Metsch, T., Edmonds, A., et al.: Open cloud computing interface - core and models. Standards Track. GFD-R in The Open Grid Forum Document (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Venticinque, S., Aversa, R., Di Martino, B., Rak, M.: Cloud agency: A mobile agent based cloud system. In: CISIS 2010 - International Conference on Intelligent, Complex and Intensive Systems, pp. 132–137. IEEE Comuter Society (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.You, X., Xu, X., Wan, J., Yu, D.: Ras-m: Resource allocation strategy based on market mechanism in cloud computing. In: Fourth ChinaGrid Annual Conference (2009)Google Scholar