Typing a Core Binary-Field Arithmetic in a Light Logic
We design a library for binary-field arithmetic and we supply a core application programming interface (API) completely developed in a formal system we introduce: Typeable Functional Assembly (TFA) which essentially is the system Dual Light Affine Logic (DLAL) introduced by Baillot and Terui and extended with a fix-point formula. TFA is a light type assignment system, in the sense that substructural rules on types of linear logic allow just to type functional programs with polynomial evaluation cost. As a consequence, we show the core of a functional programming setting for binary-field arithmetic with built-in polynomial complexity.
KeywordsApplication Programming Interface Linear Logic Functional Programming Elliptic Curve Cryptography Type Inference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Atassi, V., Baillot, P., Terui, K.: Verification of PTIME reducibility for System F terms: Type inference in dual light affine logic. Logical Methods in Computer Science 3(4) (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Avanzi, R.M., Cohen, H., Doche, C., Frey, G., Lange, T., Nguyen, K., Vercauteren, F.: Handbook of Elliptic and Hyperelliptic Curve Cryptography. CRC Press (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Burrell, J.M., Cockett, R., Redmond, F.B.: POLA: a language for PTIME programming (2009); accepted for presentation at LCC 2009Google Scholar
- 10.Hofmann, M.: The strength of non-size increasing computation. In: POPL, pp. 260–269 (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Pedicini, M., Quaglia, F.: PELCR: parallel environment for optimal lambda-calculus reduction. ACM Trans. Comput. Log. 8(3) (2007), http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1243996.1243997