A Graph Grammar-Based Dynamic Reconfiguration for Virtualized Web Service-Based Composite Architectures
Adaptation of deployment is required for maintaining the Quality of Service (QoS) in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA). Dynamic reconfiguration of SOA is proposed here to cope with adaptation in reaction to or in prediction of QoS degradation. Handling such an issue needs to detect and to identify the deficiency source, and to reconfigure the architecture implementing service composition. System reconfiguration constitutes a complex activity acting on distributed software entities, and requires to be implemented by correct model-based approaches. We show in this chapter how graph grammars can be used to design policy-driven reconfiguration mechanisms of architectures and to rule application adaptation using reconfiguration laws. We describe how coordinated architectural actions and reconfiguration policies are used to maintain QoS at runtime.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Garlan, D., Perry, D.: Introduction to the special issue on software architecture. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 21(4), 269–274 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Abi-Antoun, M.: Static extraction and conformance checking of the runtime architecture of object-oriented systems. In: OOPSLA Companion 2008: Companion to the 23rd ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Object-Oriented Programming Systems Languages and Applications, pp. 911–912. ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Guennoun, K., Drira, K., Diaz, M.: A proved component-oriented approach for managins dynamic software architectures. In: Proc. 7th Iasted International Conference on Software Engineering and Application, Marina Del Rrey, CA, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, Y., Pan, J., Ma, X., Luo, B., Tao, X., Lu, J.: Applying ontology in architecture-based self-management applications. In: SAC 2007: Proceedings of the 2007 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 97–103. ACM, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Chassot, C., Guennoun, K., Drira, K., Armando, F., Exposito, E., Lozes, A.: Towards autonomous management of qos through model-driven adaptability in communication-centric systems. ITSSA 2(3), 255–264 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Garlan, D., Cheng, S.-W., Schmerl, B.: Increasing system dependability through architecture-based self-repair. Appears in Architecting Dependable Systems (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Agoulmine, N., Balasubramaniam, S., Botvitch, D., Strassner, J., Lehtihet, E., Donnelly, W.: Challenges for autonomic network management. In: 1st IEEE International Workshop on Modelling Autonomic Communications Environments, MACE (2006)Google Scholar
- 23.Halima, R.B., Drira, K., Jmaiel, M.: A qos-oriented reconfigurable middleware for self-healing web services. In: ICWS 2008: Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Web Services, Beijing (Chine), pp. 104–111. IEEE Computer Society (2008)Google Scholar