Internet of Things Applications in Bulk Shipping Logistics: Problems and Potential Solutions
Internet of Things (IoT) technology can be used to significantly increase the efficiency of bulk shipping logistics operations. In this paper we provide an overview of common IoT shipping logistics applications, outline their main problems (lack of standards, costs, and security), and provide potential solutions to these problems. The research results support researchers as well as practitioners at designing and deploying efficient bulk shipping logistics systems.
KeywordsInternet of Things shipping logistics RFID security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Song, X., Huang, L., Wang, Q.: The Research of Internet of Things in Railway Transportation. In: Asia-Pacific Conference on Information Network and Digital Content Security, pp. 369–373 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Yan, B., Huang, G.W.: Application of RFID and Internet of Things in Monitoring and Anti-counterfeiting for Products. In: International Seminar on Business and Information Management (ISBIM 2008) (December 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, P.: RFID Technology in the Port Logistics Application. Logistics Engineering and Management (11) (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, D.: RFID Technology in the Port Informatization Construction Application. China New Technologies and Products (20) (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Juels, A.: RFID Security and Privacy: a Research Survey. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (24) (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Garfinkel, S.L., Juels, A., Pappu, R.: RFID Privacy: an Overview of Problems and Proposed Solutions. IEEE Security & Privacy (3) (2005)Google Scholar