Sensor Ontology Building in Semantic Sensor Web
To address the shortcomings of existing sensor ontologies, such as lack of a unified ontology framework and being built completely manually, this work proposes the sensor ontology framework and algorithms for automatic sensor ontology update and extension. In addition, sensor discovery based on time, space and theme is implemented. Sensor core ontology and its update and extension are evaluated. The experimental result reveals that the proposed sensor ontology framework is feasible, and the algorithms for sensor ontology update and extension are effective.
KeywordsSensor Ontology Sensor Core Ontology Building Sensor Ontology Update and Extension Semantic Sensor Web Sensor Discovery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Compton, M., Henson, C., Lefort, L., et al.: A Survey of the Semantic Specification of Sensors. In: 2nd International Workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks, Rome, pp. 17–32 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Fu, K.: The Study of Ontology Learning from Web Pages. Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan (2007) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Velardi, P., Fabriani, P., Missikoff, M.: Using Text Processing Techniques to Automatically Enrich a Domain Ontology. In: 1st International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems, pp. 270–284. ACM Press, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Ristad, E.S., Yianilos, P.N.: Learning String-Edit Distance. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 5(20), 522–532 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhai, L.: Research and Implementation on Semi-Automatic Domain Ontology Acquisition Method. Southeast University, Nanjing (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Ma, X.: The Research and Implementation of a Web-based Ontology Evaluation System. Ocean University of China, Qingdao (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar