SMART- A Social Mobile Advanced Robot Test Bed for Humanoid Robot Researchers
We envision that in near future, Humanoid Robots will enter in the household. They have capability to change the quality of life and advance the human civilizations further. For this thing to happen, humanoid robot researchers need to solve many challenging problems. Towards this we have taken a significant step in developing indigenously a low cost research test bed where researchers can develop and test many technologies for Human Robot interactions. The basic issue which has been addressed is the development of a cost effective platform which will be stable and robust, having an open architecture so that various technologies like speech, vision, intelligence can be integrated with physical gestures. First we have described the developmental architecture of the SMART, and then the application of SMART as an intelligent robot which, for the time being, is capable of demonstrating our robotics and artificial intelligence laboratory to the visitors as a lab guide in an interactive manner.
KeywordsHumanoid Robot Hand Gesture Vision Sensor Vision Module Driver Circuit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thrun, S., Bennewitz, M., Burgard, W.: MINERVA: A Second-Generation Museum Tour-Guide Robot. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Robokits, http://www.robokits.co.in
- 3.Kilian, J.: Simple Image Analysis by Moments, 0.2 Version (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Smart Link Corporation, http://www.text-to-speech.imtranslator.net
- 5.MSDN Library, http://www.msdn.microsoft.com