0-1 Integer Programming for Generation Maintenance Scheduling in Power Systems Based on Teaching Learning Based Optimization (TLBO)
This paper presents optimal solution of the unit maintenance scheduling problem in which the cost reduction is as important as reliability. The objective function of the algorithms used to address this problem, considers the effect of economy as well as reliability. Various constraints such as spinning reserve, duration of maintenance crew are being taken into account while dealing with such type of problems. In our work we apply the Teaching learning based optimization algorithm on a power system with six generating units. Numerical results reveal that the proposed algorithm can find better and faster solutions when compared to other heuristic or deterministic methods.
KeywordsMaintenance scheduling TLBO integer programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mohammadi Tabari, N., Pirmoradian, M., Hassanpour, S.B.: Implicit enumeration based 0- 1 integer programming for generation maintenance scheduling. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, IEEE REGION 8 SIBIRCON 2008, pp. 151–154 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Rao, R.V., Savsani, V.J., Balic, J.: Teaching-learning-based optimization algorithm for unconstrained and constrained real parameter optimization problems. Engineering Optimization (in press, 2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0305215X.2011.652103
- 6.Leou, R.C., Yih, S.A.: A flexible unit maintenance scheduling using fuzzy 0-1 integer programming. In: Proceedings of IEEE Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting, pp. 2551–2555 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Fetanat, A., Shafipour, G.: Harmony Search Algorithm Based 0-1 Integer Programming For Generation Maintenance Scheduling in Power Systems. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 17.Daha, K.P., Burt, G.M., McDonald, J.R., Galloway, S.J.: Ga/sa based hybrid techniques for the Scheduling of generator maintenance in power systems. In: Proceedings of Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 547–567 (2000)Google Scholar
- 19.El-Sharkh, M.Y., El-Keib, A.A., Chen, H.: A fuzzy evolutionary programming-based solution methodology for security-constrained generation maintenance scheduling. ElectricPower Systems Research 67, 67–72 (2003)Google Scholar
- 20.Kim, H., Moon, S., Choi, J., Lee, S., Do, D., Gupta, M.M.: Generation maintenance scheduling considering air pollution based on the fuzzy theory. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Fuzzy System, pp. III-1759–III-1764 (1999)Google Scholar
- 22.Foong, W.K.: Ant colony optimization for power plant maintenance scheduling. PhD thesis, The University of Adelaide (2007)Google Scholar
- 24.Krishnanand, K.R., Panigrahi, B.K., Rout, P.K., Mohapatra, A.: Application of Multi-Objective Teaching-Learning-Based Algorithm to an Economic Load Dispatch Problem with Incommensurable Objectives. In: Panigrahi, B.K., Suganthan, P.N., Das, S., Satapathy, S.C. (eds.) SEMCCO 2011, Part I. LNCS, vol. 7076, pp. 697–705. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar