Comparative Study of Recent Compressed Sensing Methodologies in Astronomical Images
Compressed sensing(CS) which serves as an alternative to Nyquist sampling theory, is being used in many areas of applications. In this paper, we applied recent compressed sensing algorithm such as DALM, FISTA and Split-Bregman on astronomical images. In astronomy, physical prior information is very crucial for devising effective signal processing methods. We particularly point out that CS-based compression scheme is flexible enough to account for such information. We try to compare these algorithms using objective measures like PSNR, MSE et al. With these measures we intend to verify the image quality of reconstructed and original images.
KeywordsCompressed Sensing Image Quality Assessment Compressive Sampling Signal Processing Method Astronomical Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Scaife, A.M.M., Wiaux, Y.: The application of Compressed Sensing Techniques in Radio Astronomy. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 33(7), 937–942 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Candés, E.J.: Compressive sampling. In: Proc. Int. Congress Math. Euro. Math. Soc., vol. 3, p. 1433 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Candés, E.J., Wakin, M.B.: People Hearing Without Listening. An Introduction To Compressive Sampling (2007), Preprint, http://www.dsp.ece.rice.edu/cs/
- 10.Yang, A.Y., Ganesh, A., Zhou, Z., Shankar Sastry, S., Ma, Y.: A Review of Fast l1-Minimization Algorithms for Robust Face Recognition. University of California at Berkeley Technical report UCB/EECS-2010-13 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Mourad, N.: Fundamentals of compressed sensing (CS). Ph.D ThesisGoogle Scholar