Bogtrotters in Space
This is the fourth year in which a team from University College Dublin has participated in the Multi-Agent Programming Contest. This paper describes the system that was created to participate in the contest, along with observations of the team’s experiences in the contest. The system itself was built using the AF-TeleoReactive and AF-AgentSpeak agent programming languages running on the Agent Factory platform. Unlike in previous years where a hybrid control architecture was used, this year the system was implemented using only agent code and associated actions, sensors, modules and platform services.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Russell, S.E., Carr, D., Dragone, M., O’Hare, G.M.P., Collier, R.W.: From Bogtrotting to Herding: A UCD Perspective. Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence 61(4) (April 2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Jordan, H.R., Russell, S.E., O’Hare, G.M.P., Collier, R.W.: Reuse by Inheritance in Agent Programming Languages. In: Brazier, F.M.T., Nieuwenhuis, K., Pavlin, G., Warnier, M., Badica, C. (eds.) Intelligent Distributed Computing V. SCI, vol. 382, pp. 279–289. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Bordini, R.H., Hübner, J.F., Wooldridge, M.: Programming multi-agent systems in AgentSpeak using Jason, vol. 8. Wiley-Interscience (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Collier, R.W.: Agent Factory: A Framework for the Engineering of Agent-Oriented Applications. PhD thesis, School of Computer Science and Informatics (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Jordan, H., Treanor, J., Lillis, D., Dragone, M., Collier, R.W., O’Hare, G.M.P.: AF-ABLE in the multi agent contest. Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 1–21 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Nilsson, N.: Teleo-reactive programs for agent control. Arxiv preprint cs/9401101 (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Poslad, S., Buckle, P., Hadingham, R.: The FIPA-OS agent platform: Open source for open standards. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference and Exhibition on the Practical Application of Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agents, pp. 355–368 (2000)Google Scholar