Defining an SLA-Aware Method to Test Service-Oriented Systems
In the scope of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are used to specify the conditions that have to be fulfilled by both service provider and consumer. These stakeholders need checking whether the executions of the services fulfill the conditions or not, so the evaluation is an important and not trivial task within the testing process. This paper describes the current state of an ongoing PhD research that aims to define an SLA-aware testing method to test service-oriented systems. A model will represent relevant information associated to the terms of the SLA and, from this model, interesting situations will be identified and prioritized. The exercitation of these situations will be performed through a suited design and execution of test cases. In addition to this, the approach could be complemented with monitoring techniques, determining which situations have already been executed in an operation environment in order to select a set of situations that remain unexercised and need to be tested.
KeywordsService Level Agreements Software Testing Monitoring Service Oriented Architectures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrieux, A., Czajkowski, K., Dan, A., Keahey, K., Ludwig, H., Nakata, T., Pruyne, J., Rofrano, J., Tuecke, S., Xu, M.: Web Services Agreement Specification (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Leitner, P., Michlmayr, A., Rosenberg, F., Dustdar, S.: Monitoring, Prediction and Prevention of SLA Violations in Composite Services. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS) Industry and Applications Track (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Mahbub, K., Spanoudakis, G.: Monitoring WS-Agreements: an Event Calculus based Approach. Test and Analysis of Service Oriented Systems, Springer V, pp. 265–306 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Palacios, M., García-Fanjul, J., Tuya, J., de la Riva, C.: A Proactive Approach to Test Service Level Agreements. In: Fifth International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (ICSEA), pp. 453–458 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Oriol, M., Marco, J., Franch, X., Ameller, D.: Monitoring Adaptable SOA System using SALMon. In: Workshop of Service Monitoring, Adaptation and Beyond (MONA+), ServiceWave Conference (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Raimondi, F., Skene, J., Emmerich, W.: Efficient Online Monitoring of Web-Service SLAs. In: Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGSOFT Int. Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering (SIGSOFT 2008/FSE-16) (2008)Google Scholar