Brief Introduction to Computational Intelligence Paradigms for Fractional Calculus Researchers
This chapter introduces the various paradigms in computational intelligence commonly used to solve a wide variety of challenging problems in systems engineering for which analytical solutions are usually difficult to obtain. The foundations of these concepts are briefly reviewed and their importance and short comings are highlighted. The discussion mainly focusses on Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy sets and systems, global optimization techniques based on evolutionary and swarm approaches and evolutionary programming. Popular applications of these paradigms in systems theory are outlined with appropriate references.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Fuzzy Logic Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Controller Fuzzy Inference System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cutler, C.R., Ramaker, B.: Dynamic matrix control-a computer control algorithm. In: Proceedings of the Joint Automatic Control Conference, vol. 1 (1980)Google Scholar
- Dakev, N.V., Whidborne, J.F., Chipperfield, A.J., Fleming, P.: Evolutionary H infinity design of an electromagnetic suspension control system for a maglev vehicle. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 211, 345–355 (1997)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fonseca, C.M., Mendes, E., Fleming, P.J., Billings, S.: Non-linear model term selection with genetic algorithms. In: IEE/IEEE Workshop on Natural Algorithms in Signal Processing, vol. 2, p. 27 (1993)Google Scholar
- Goldberg, D.E.: Genetic algorithms in search, optimization, and machine learning. Addison-wesley (1989)Google Scholar
- Goldberg, D.E., Segrest, P.: Finite Markov chain analysis of genetic algorithms. In: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Genetic Algorithms on Genetic Algorithms and Their Application, pp. 1–8 (1987)Google Scholar
- rey Horn, J.: Finite Markov chain analysis of genetic algorithms with niching. Forrest 727, 110–117 (1993)Google Scholar
- Kim, J., Moon, Y., Zeigler, B.P.: Designing fuzzy net controllers using genetic algorithms. IEEE Control Systems Magazine 15, 66–72 (1995)Google Scholar
- Konar, A.: Computational Intelligence: principles, techniques, and applications. Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- Koza, J.R.: Genetic programming II: automatic discovery of reusable programs (1994)Google Scholar
- Koza, J.R., Keane, M.A., Streeter, M.J., et al.: Genetic programming IV: Routine human-competitive machine intelligence. Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- Oliveira, P., Sequeira, J., Sentieiro, J.: Selection of controller parameters using genetic algorithms. Engineering Systems with Intelligence, 431–438 (1992)Google Scholar
- Takagi, T., Sugeno, M.: Fuzzy identification of system and its applications to modelling and control. IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, and Cyber. 1, 5 (1985)Google Scholar