A Graph-Based Generation of Virtual Grids
This paper presents a unified formal model to be used in the grid representation based on hierarchical graph structures. It aims at both helping in a better understanding of grid generation and in grid simulation problems. A new graph structure called layered graphs is proposed. This approach enables one to use attributed graph grammars as a tool to generate both a grid structure and its parameters at the same time. To illustrate the method an example of a grid generated by means of graph grammar rules is presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Tuecke, S.: The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations. Int. J. Supercomp. App., 200–220 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Grabska, E., Palacz, W.: Hierarchical graphs in creative design. MG&V 9(1/2), 115–123 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Joseph, J., Ernest, M., Fellenstein, C.: Evolution of grid computing architecture and grid adoption models (online)Google Scholar
- 6.Joseph, J., Fellenstein, C.: Grid Computing. IBM Press (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Rozenberg, G.: Handbook of Graph Grammars and Computing by Graph. Transformations, vol. 1-3. World Scientific, London (1997-1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Strug, B., Ryszka, I., Grabska, E., Ślusarczyk, G.: Generating a virtual computational grid by graph transformations. In: INGRID 2010. Springer (2011)Google Scholar