On Formal Specification of Maple Programs
This paper is an example-based demonstration of our initial results on the formal specification of programs written in the computer algebra language MiniMaple (a substantial subset of Maple with slight extensions). The main goal of this work is to define a verification framework for MiniMaple. Formal specification of MiniMaple programs is rather complex task as it supports non-standard types of objects, e.g. symbols and unevaluated expressions, and additional functions and predicates, e.g. runtime type tests etc. We have used the specification language to specify various computer algebra concepts respective objects of the Maple package DifferenceDifferential developed at our institute.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bobot, F., Filliâtre, J.-C., Marché, C., Paskevich, A.: Why3: Shepherd your herd of provers. In: Boogie 2011: First International Workshop on Intermediate Verification Languages, Wrocław, Poland (August 2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Dönch, C.: Bivariate Difference-Differential Dimension Polynomials and Their Computation in Maple. Technical report, Research Institute for Symbolic Computation, Johannes Kepler University, Linz (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Leavens, G.T., Cheon, Y.: Design by Contract with JML. A Tutorial (2006), ftp://ftp.cs.iastate.edu/pub/leavens/JML/jmldbc.pdf
- 4.Khan, M.T.: A Type Checker for MiniMaple. RISC Technical Report 11-05, also DK Technical Report 2011-05, Research Institute for Symbolic Computation, Johannes Kepler University, Linz (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Khan, M.T.: Formal Semantics of MiniMaple. DK Technical Report 2012-01, Research Institute for Symbolic Computation, Johannes Kepler University, Linz (January 2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Khan, M.T., Schreiner, W.: Towards a Behavioral Analysis of Computer Algebra Programs (Extended Abstract). In: Pettersson, P., Seceleanu, C. (eds.) Proceedings of the 23rd Nordic Workshop on Programming Theory (NWPT 2011), Vasteras, Sweden, pp. 42–44 (October 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Khan, M.T., Schreiner, W.: Towards the Formal Specification and Verification of Maple Programs. In: Jeuring, J., et al. (eds.) CICM 2012. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 7362, pp. 231–247. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar