Optimal Task and Energy Scheduling in Dynamic Residential Scenarios
Smart homes of the future will include automation systems that will provide lower energy consumption costs and comfortable environments to end users. In this work we propose an algorithm, based on the “Mixed-Integer Linear Programming” paradigm, able to find the optimal task and energy scheduling in realistic residential scenarios, in order to reduce costs and satisfy the user requirements at the same time. Both the static and the dynamic case studies have been addressed on purpose and results obtained from computer simulations seem to confirm the effectiveness of the idea.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Smart Grid Task Schedule Smart Home Optimal Task
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harley, R.G., Liang, J.: Computational Intelligence in Smart Grids. In: Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI). CIASG (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Venayagamoorthy, G.K.: Potentials and Promises of Computational Intelligence for Smart Grids. In: Power and Energy Society General Meeting. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhu, J.: Optimization of Power System Operation. Wiley-IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Gudi, N., Wang, L., Devabhaktuni, V., Depuru, S.S.S.R.: Demand Response Simulation Implementing Heuristic Optimization for Home Energy Management. In: North American Power Symposium, NAPS (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Pedrasa, M.A.A., Spooner, T.D., MacGilland, I.F.: Scheduling of Demand Side Resources Using Binary Particle Swarm Optimization. Transactions on Power Systems (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Liang, R.H., Liao, J.H.: A Fuzzy-Optimization Approach for Generation Scheduling with Wind and Solar Energy Systems. Transactions on Power Systems (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Vale, Z.A., Faria, P., Morais, H., Khodr, H.M., Silva, M., Kadar, P.: Scheduling distributed energy resources in an isolated grid An artificial neural network approach. Power and Energy Society General Meeting (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Morais, H., Kádár, P., Faria, P., Vale, Z.A., Khodr, H.M.: Optimal scheduling of a renewable micro-grid in an isolated load area using mixed-integer linear programming. Renewable Energy - An International Journal (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, D., Papageorgiou, L.G., Samsatli, N.J., Shah, N.: Optimal Scheduling of Smart Homes Energy Consumption with Microgrid. In: The First International Conference on Smart Grids, Green Communications and IT Energy-aware Technologies. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL): San Francisco, January 1 (1999), http://www.nrel.gov/rredc/
- 11.Huang, T., Liu, D.: Residential Energy System Control and Management using Adaptive Dynamic Programming. In: Conference on Neural Networks, San Jose, California, USA (2011)Google Scholar