Analysis of Whole Slide Images of Equine Tendinopathy
We present a method for the automatic analysis of whole slide histological images of equine tendinopathy. This computer-aided analysis is a pre-screening tool that helps veterinarians doctors to evaluate the efficacy of new treatments. A set of textural, arrangement, and alignment features are extracted to reproduce visual histological criteria, each of them representing different feature views of the initial data. To efficiently combine these different views of the data for clustering, tensor-based multi-view spectral clustering is considered and provides an unsupervised classification of the tissue zones.
KeywordsVoronoi Diagram Local Binary Pattern Singular Vector Delaunay Triangulation Spectral Cluster
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.McIlwraith, C.: Diseases of joints, tendons, ligaments and related structures. In: Stashak, T. (ed.) Adams’ Lameness in Horses, 4th edn., pp. 339–485. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Bloom, W., Fawcett, D.: A textbook of histology, 10th edn. W.B. Saunders (1975)Google Scholar
- 3.Denoix, J., Audigié, F., Hinchcliff, K., Kaneps, A., Geor, R.: Imaging of the musculoskeletal system in horses. Equine sports medicine and surgery: basic and clinical sciences of the equine athlete, 161–187 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Crovace, A., Lacitignola, L., Rossi, G., Francioso, E.: Histological and immunohistochemical evaluation of autologous cultured bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and bone marrow mononucleated cells in collagenase-induced tendinitis of equine superficial digital flexor tendon. Vet. Med. Int. (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Ruifrok, A., Johnston, D.: Quantification of histochemical staining by color deconvolution. Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology 23, 291–299 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Doyle, S., Agner, S., Madabhushi, A., Feldman, M., Tomaszewski, J.: Automated grading of breast cancer histopathology using spectral clustering with textural and architectural image features. In: 5th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, pp. 496–499 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Rüping, S., Scheffer, T. (eds.): ICML Workshop on Learning with Multiple Views (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, X.: Learning from multi-view data: clustering algorithm and text mining application. PhD thesis, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2011)Google Scholar