A Practical Performance Analysis of CRS-Aided Channel Estimation Algorithms for LTE Downlink System
Channel estimation algorithms are employed in 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) downlink system to help with coherent demodulation. Several CRS-aided channel estimation algorithms over multipath Rayleigh fading channel have been investigated in this paper. Based on theoretical analysis and simulation, Wiener interpolation channel estimator is proposed for LTE downlink system. In consideration of practical implementation and universality for different channels, we propose that CRSs in Wiener interpolation should be contained in the time window of 10e− 3 second as well as in the frequency window of two adjacent resource blocks, which symmetrically distribute around the current estimated resource block in frequency domain.
Keywords3GPP LTE channel estimation CRS-aided channel estimation Wiener interpolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hou, J., Liu, J.: A novel channel estimation algorithm for 3GPP LTE downlink system using joint time-frequency two-dimensional iterative Wiener filter. In: IEEE International Conference on Communication Technology (November 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.3GPP TR 36.814 V0.4.1, Further Advancements for E-UTRA Physical Layer Aspects (Release 9) (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Bahai, A.R.S., Saltzberg, B.R.: Multi-Carrier Digital Communication: Theory and Applications of OFDM. Kluwer Academic/Plenum (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.van de Beek, J.-J., Edfors, O., Sandell, M., Wilson, S.K., Borjesson, P.O.: On channel estimation in OFDM systems. In: IEEE 45th Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 815–819 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.3GPP TS 36.211 V9.1.0, Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network for E-UTRA Physical channels and Modulation (Release 9) (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Qin, Y., Hui, B., Chang, K.H.: Performance evaluation of pilot-based channel estimation and equalization techniques in 3GPP LTE downlink. In: Proc. Of KICS Summer Conference (November 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, W., Lam, W.H., A novel method of Doppler shift estimation for OFDM systems. In: IEEE Military Communication Conference (November 2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Recommendation ITU-R M.1225, Guidelines for Evaluation of Radio Transmission Technologies for IMT-2000(Question ITU-R 39/8) (1997)Google Scholar