Decision Enhancement for Sourcing with Shared Service Centres in the Dutch Government
Primarily in order to save costs, many shared service centres (SSCs) are being established in organisations. However, establishing SSCs is a challenging task for many organisations, including the Dutch government. This design science research aims to enhance SSC establishment with a decision enhancement studio for sourcing & sharing in the Dutch government. The proposed studio consists of a set of services for studio participants to analyse decision alternatives and improve collaboration. In this paper a studio design is presented with four decision enhancement services for sourcing & sharing that are delivered with an online tool and predefined scripts (called sourceLets). Future research will be dedicated to the scientific evaluation of the studio design by applying it to multiple case studies in the Dutch government.
KeywordsDecision Enhancement Sourcing SSC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Adler, P.S.: Making the HR Outsourcing Decision. MIT Sloan Management Review 45(1), 53–60 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Knol, A.J., Sol, H.G.: Sourcing with Shared Service Centres: Challenges in the Dutch Government. In: Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Wagenaar, R.: Governance of Shared Service Centers in Public Administration: Dilemma’s and Tradeoffs. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC), pp. 354–363 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Keen, P.G.W., Sol, H.G.: Decision Enhancement Services: Rehearsing the Future for Decisions that Matter. IOS Press, Delft (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Sol, H.G.: Simulation in Information Systems Development. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Groningen, Groningen (1982)Google Scholar
- 19.Mitchell, R.K., Agle, B.R.: Toward a Theory of Stakeholder Identification and Salience: Defining the Principle of Who and What Really Counts. Academy of Management Review 22(4), 853–886 (1997)Google Scholar
- 20.Law, A.M., Kelton, W.D.: Simulation Modeling and Analysis. McGraw-Hill, Boston (1999)Google Scholar
- 26.Chin, R.: Mainport Planning Suite: Software Services to Support Mainport Planning. Doctoral Dissertation, Delft University of Technology, Delft (2007)Google Scholar
- 28.Johansen, R.: Groupware: Computer Support for Business Teams. The Free Press, New York (1988)Google Scholar
- 29.Briggs, R.O., de Vreede, G.: ThinkLets: Building Blocks for Concerted Collaboration. Lulu.com, Raleigh, NC (2009)Google Scholar