User Centric Service Level Management in mOSAIC Applications
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) aims at offering a simple and clear way to build up an agreement between the final users and the service provider in order to establish what is effectively granted by the cloud providers. In this paper we will show the SLA-related activities in mOSAIC, an european funded project that aims at exploiting a new programming model, which fully acquires the flexibility and dynamicity of the cloud environment, in order to build up a dedicated solution for SLA management. The key idea of SLA management in mOSAIC is that it is impossible to offer a single, static general purpose solution for SLA management of any kind of applications, but it is possible to offer a set of micro-functionalities that can be easily integrated among them in order to build up a dedicated solution for the application developer problem. Due to the mOSAIC API approach (which enable easy interoperability among moSAIC components) it will be possible to build up applications enriching them with user-oriented SLA management, from the very early development stages.
KeywordsCloud Computing Service Level Agreement Cloud Provider Cloud Environment Cloud Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrieux, A., Czajkowski, K., Dan, A., Keahey, K., Ludwig, H., Nakata, T., Pruyne, J., Rofrano, J., Tuecke, S., Xu, M.: Web services agreement specification (ws-agreement). In: Global Grid Forum. The Global Grid Forum, GGF (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Comuzzi, M., Kotsokalis, C., Rathfelder, C., Theilmann, W., Winkler, U., Zacco, G.: A Framework for Multi-level SLA Management. In: Dan, A., Gittler, F., Toumani, F. (eds.) ICSOC/ServiceWave 2009. LNCS, vol. 6275, pp. 187–196. Springer, Heidelberg (2010), http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-16132-2-18, doi:10.1007/978-3-642-16132-2-18CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.CONTRAIL: Contrail: Open computing infrastructres for elastic computing (2010), http://contrail-project.eu/
- 4.Leymann, F., Ivanov, I., van Sinderen, M., Science, B.S.S., Publications, T. (eds.): Towards a cross platform Cloud API. Components for Cloud Federation (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE (ed.): Building an Interoperability API for Sky Computing (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.mOSAIC: mosaic: Open source api and platform for multiple clouds (2010), http://www.mosaic-cloud.eu
- 8.optimis: Optimis: the clouds silver lining (2010), http://www.optimis-project.eu/
- 9.Venticinque, S., Aversa, R., Di Martino, B., Petcu, D.: Agent based cloud provisioning and management, design and prototypal implementation. In: Leymann, F., et al. (eds.) 1st Int. Conf. Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER 2011), pp. 184–191. ScitePress (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Waeldrich, O.: Wsag4j (2008), https://packcs-e0.scai.fraunhofer.de/wsag4j/