A New Platform for Delivery Interoperable Telemedicine Services
This paper represents a new concept for Telemedicine service delivery. It is based over the existed Service Delivery Platforms (SDPs) with the mentality of SOA and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architecture to provide integration and interoperability in telemedicine aspects over the Next Generation Network (NGN). Telemedicine SDP (T-SDP), which is proposed, is a lighter middleware to provide flexibility and integration in emergency cases. Lighter middleware supports the benefits of SDP, real time monitoring and communicating in responses. T-SDP is able to leverage contexts, semantics and events via a service engine and Parlays. In the same platform events from the biomedicine devices, context from user profiles and messages or ontologies and semantics can interoperate with each other and create complex services useful for the healthcare agents.
Keywordstelemedicine healthcare interoperability integration SDP ESB NGN
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Grifin, D., Pesch, D.: A survey on Web Services in Telecommunications. IEEE Communication Magazine (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Maes, S.H.: Service Delivery Platforms as IT Realization of OMA Service Environment: Service Oriented Architectures for Telecommunications. In: IEEE, WCNC 2007, pp. 2885–2890 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Sunaga, H., Yamato, Y., Ohnishi, H., Kaneko, M., Iio, M., Hirano, M.: Service Delivery Platform Architecture for the Next-Generation NetworkGoogle Scholar
- 7.Zhu, D., Zhang, Y., Chen, J., Cheng, B.: Enhancing ESB based Execution Platform to Support Flexible Communication Web Services over Heterogeneous Networks. In: IEEE, ICC 2010 (2010) Google Scholar
- 8.JAIN SLEE, http://www.jainslee.org/slee/slee.html
- 9.Menge, F.: Enterprise Service Bus. In: Free and Open Source Software Conference (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Lin, C.-F.: Mobile Telemedicine: A survey Study. Journal of Medical Systems, Online FirstTM (April 27, 2010)Google Scholar