Chromospheric Evaporation in Solar Flares
Chromospheric evaporation implies the mass flow from chromosphere to corona along the loop legs in the solar flares. From observations, radio emissions show the high-frequency cutoff and with a drift toward the low frequency, and the coronal lines display a strong blueshift on the Doppler diagram, and hard X-ray emissions tend to rise up the double footpoint sources along the loop legs and finally merge together around the top at the same position as the loop top source. In this paper, we briefly review the radio, EUV and X-ray evidences of the chromospheric evaporation from the documents in recent years.
KeywordsRadio Emission Drift Rate Solar Energetic Particle Event Flare Ribbon Chromospheric Evaporation
This work is supported by NSF of China under grants 10833007, 40804034, 10973042, 973 Program under grant 2011CB811400 and Laboratory No. 2010DP173032.
- 1.Aschwanden, M. J., Benz, A. O.: Chromospheric evaporation and decimetric radio emission in solar flares. ApJ, 438, 997–1012 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Brosius, J. W.: Conversion from Explosive to Gentle Chromospheric Evaporation During a Solar Flare. ApJ, 701, 1209–1218 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Czaykowska, A., de Pontieu, B., Alexander, D., Rank, G.: Evidence for Chromospheric Evaporation in the Late Gradual Flare Phase from SOHO/CDS Observations. ApJ Lett., 521, 75–78 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Brosius J. W., Phillips, J. H.: Extreme-Ultraviolet and X-Ray Spectroscopy of a Solar Flare Loop Observed at High Time Resolution: A Case Study in Chromospheric Evaporation. ApJ, 613, 580–591 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Wei, Liu, Siming, Jiang, Yan Wei, Petrosian, V.: RHESSI Observation of Chromospheric Evaporation. ApJ, 649, 1124–1139 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Milligan, R. O., Dennis, B. R.: Velocity Characteristics of Evaporated Plasma Using Hinode/EUV Imaging Spectrometer. ApJ, 699, 968–975 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Ning, Zongjun: Speed Distributions of Merging X-Ray Sources During Chromospheric Evaporation in Solar Flares. Solar Physics, 273, 81–92 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Ning, Zongjun, Cao, Wenda, Huang, Jing, Huang, Guangli, Yan, Yihua, Feng, Hengqiang: Evidence of Chromospheric Evaporation in the 2004 December 1 Solar Flare. ApJ, 699, 15–22 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ning, Zongjun, Cao, Wenda: Investigation of Chromospheric Evaporation in a Neupert-type Solar Flare. ApJ, 717, 1232–1242 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Ning, Zongjun, Cao, Wenda: Hard X-ray Source Distributions on EUV Bright Kernels in a Solar Flare. Solar Physics, 269, 283–293 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Winter, H.D., Martens, P., Reeves, K.: Simulating the Effects of Initial Pitch-angle Distributions on Solar Flares. ApJ, 735, 103–117 (2011)Google Scholar