Fuzzy Availability Analysis of Web Systems by Monte-Carlo Simulation
The paper describes the availability analysis of Web systems. The analysed systems are modelled as a set of tasks that use data, obtained in an interaction with other tasks, to produce responses. System is reliable - we do not discuss the failure and repair process of the elements. We realise the functional analysis of a Web system measured by a functional availability, i.e. the probability that a client will receive a correct response within a given time limit. The metric is calculated by simulation software developed by authors and based on the Monte-Carlo technique. We model the input load by fuzzy numbers and receive a fuzzy representation of the Web system availability changes during a day. Simulation results of for a testbed system are given.
KeywordsFuzzy Number Business Service Service Component User Request Technical Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fishman, G.: Monte Carlo: concepts, algorithms and applications. Springer (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Lipinski, Z.: State model of e-service reliability. In: International Conference on Dependability of Computer Systems, DepCoS-RELCOMEX 2006, pp. 35–42. IEEE Computer Society (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, H., Chu, L., Recker, W.: Performance evaluation of ITS strategies using microscopic simulation. In: Proceedings of the 7th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 255–270 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, J.: Parallel Real-time Immersive Modelling Environment (PRIME), Scalable Simulation Framework (SSF), User’s manual. Colorado School of Mines Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences (2006), http://prime.mines.edu/
- 9.Mazurkiewicz, J., Walkowiak, T.: Fuzzy reliability analysis. In: ICNNSC 2002 - 6th International Conference Neural Networks and Soft Computing, Advances in Soft Computing, pp. 298–303. Physica-Verlag (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Michalska, K., Walkowiak, T.: Simulation approach to performance analysis information systems with load balancer. In: Information Systems Architecture and Technology: Advances in Web-Age Information Systems, pp. 269–278 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Piegat, A.: Fuzzy Modelling and Control. EXIT Academic Publishing House, Warsaw (1999) (in polish) Google Scholar
- 12.Walkowiak, T.: Information systems performance analysis using task-level simulator. In: International Conference on Dependability of Computer Systems DepCoS-RELCOMEX 2009, pp. 218–225. IEEE Computer Society (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Walkowiak, T.: Simulation approach to Web system dependability analysis. In: Summer Safety and Reliability Seminars SSARS 2011 Gdynia, pp. 197–204. Polish Safety and Reliability Association (2011)Google Scholar