DriastSystem: A Computer Vision Based Device for Real Time Traffic Sign Detection and Recognition
This paper presents the design and application of novel device for real time traffic sign detection and recognition on a hardware platform powered by Intel® AtomTM processor. Image frames from standard and relatively cheap web cameras are processed using OpenCV library . An innovative method is proposed for traffic sign detection phase. Two color models are used for image segmentation and detection of traffic sign. Many well-known and described tactics have been tested and rated. Implemented in OpenCV Library functions for pattern recognition method are also used in main algorithm. Experimental results of traffic sign detection and recognition are described. The prototype was implemented as part of the Master Thesis at Cracow University of Technology .
Keywordscomputer vision traffic sign detection and recognition OpenCV library color model pattern recognition fuzzy logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tekieli, M., Worek, K.: Design of Computer Vision Based Device for Real Time Traffic Sign Detection and Recognition. Master Thesis, Cracow University of Technology, Cracow (2011) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 2.Bradski, G., Kaehler, A.: Learning OpenCV. O’Reilly (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Siemens, VDO - Traffic Sign Recognition (2007), http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pp_cc/2007/02_feb/sosep200702_27_mt_special_mobility_1434304.htm
- 4.Shneier, M.: Road Sign Detection and Recognition. In: ICCVPR 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Yamada, K., Limpraptono, Y.: Intelligent Machine Vision System For Road Traffic Sign Recognition. In: Proc. of Seminar Nasional Teknoin (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Nokia Corporation: Signals and Slots (2011), http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/signalsandslots.html
- 7.Willow Garage: OpenCV Wiki (2010), http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/
- 8.Cyganek, B.: Methods and Algorithms of Object Recognition in Digital Images. AGH University of Science and Technology Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Brkic, K.: An overview of traffic sign detection methods (2010), http://www.fer.hr/_download/repository/BrkicQualifyingExam.pdf