OpenSolver - An Open Source Add-in to Solve Linear and Integer Progammes in Excel
- 2.2k Downloads
OpenSolver is an open source Excel add-in that allows spreadsheet users to solve their LP/IP models using the COIN-OR CBC solver. OpenSolver is largely compatible with the built-in Excel Solver, allowing most existing LP and IP models to be solved without change. However, OpenSolver has none of the size limitations found in Solver, and thus can solve larger models. Further, the CBC solver is often faster than the built-in Solver, and OpenSolver provides novel model construction and on-sheet visualisation capabilities. This paper describes Open- Solver’s development and features. OpenSolver can be downloaded free of charge at http://www.opensolver.org.
KeywordsDecision Variable Major League Baseball Model Visualisation Leave Hand Side Integer Program Solver
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CBC: A COIN-OR Integer Programming Solver, https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc. Cited November 2010
- 2.COIN-OR: Computational Infrastructure for Operations Research, http://www.coin-or.org. Cited July 2011
- 3.Frontline Systems: http://www.solver.org. Cited July 2011
- 4.Martin, K.: ‘COIN-OR: Software for the OR Community,’ Interfaces 40(6), pp. 465-476, INFORMS (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Microsoft Excel. In: Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicrosoftExcel. Cited July 2011
- 6.OpenSolver web site, http://opensolver.org. Cited July 2011
- 7.Pieterse, J.K.: Name Manager for Excel, http://www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplacenmen.asp. Cited November 2010